Ask the Right Questions to Find the Builder for You.
Colorado home buyers interested in building a home or new construction need to ask the right questions in order to find a quality, reliable home builder. Once you’ve decided to purchase a new construction home in Colorado and you’ve lined up a good REALTOR®, your next step is to select the right builder for you. Home buyers have many options for new construction available. Asking a few key questions will not only help you choose the right partner to build your new Colorado home, but will also help you better understand the process.
Here are 16 questions to ask before you hire a home builder:
- How many years has the home builder been in business – building new construction – and how many homes have they built?
- Is the home builder licensed and insured?
- What type of warranty do they offer?
- What, in the home builder’s opinion, differentiates them from the others?
- Energy saving features?
- Standard features?
- Can the home builder provide references?
- Can you tour a model home?
- Can you provide your own set of plans or does the home builder use his own?
- Who will oversee the construction on your home?
- Who do you contact with questions?
- Can you make changes during construction?
- How often will you be able to see your home during construction?
- How will the final price of the home be determined?
- What is your process for inspection during construction at final walk-through?
Purchasing a new construction home has advantages and disadvantage. Asking the right questions before you hire a builder can help ensure you make the right decision for your family and your Colorado home. For more information about new construction for Colorado home buyers, visit REcolorado’s New Construction Guide.
Ready to find the new construction home that fits you? Search New Homes in Colorado on REcolorado.com