Instead of traveling across the country for vacation, why not plan a staycation in your home state of Colorado? Colorado is a popular destination for tourists and adventurers alike, attracting visitors from across the country. With so much to see and do, it’s easy to see why!
This summer, take advantage of all Colorado has to offer by planning a staycation! Here are a few activities to consider:
- Shopping – Walk along 16th Street Mall in Denver or head to Pearl Street Mall in Boulder to people watch, eat at local restaurants, and get some shopping done. With new outdoor plazas and shopping centers popping up in cities across Colorado, spend the day exploring local stores.
- Theme Parks – For extra adventure, visit one of Denver’s popular theme parks: Water World, Elitch Gardens, and Lakeside Amusement Park.
- Museums – Take the kids to the Children’s Museum or Denver Museum of Nature and Science for a day filled with activities! Don’t forget about the United States Mint Tour or Denver Art Museum. If you’re looking to go off the beaten path, consider the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls, & Toys.
- Wildlife – Roam with the elephants, tigers, and giraffes at the Denver Zoo or take a journey underwater at the Downtown Aquarium.
- Outdoors – Spend quality time soaking up the sun along the many trails and paths in Cherry Creek. Bike, walk, or run on the High Line Canal Trail spanning from Waterton Canyon to Aurora. There are many great parks and green spaces to explore, from City Park to the Platte River and Confluence Park.
- Restaurants – You don’t have to look far for a good meal in Denver. With many local restaurants to choose from, check out 5280’s Eat & Drink guide and try these Essential Denver Restaurants.
Make the most of this summer by planning a staycation in Denver! With so many options to choose from, you can find an activity for the entire family in your own backyard. Look for more tips and advice for exploring Colorado on the REcolorado Facebook page.